A reddening of the skin or a slight itching can be an indication of a bedbugs sting. A concrete hint for a bedbugs infestation are additionally to be found skinning remainders, excrement or eggs, as the newest history of the #bedbugs-band shows pictorially.
Signs of Bedbugs
There are numerous signs of a bedbug infestation. It doesn’t matter if it’s your bedroom, a hostel, a 1-star or a 5-star hotel room.
Bedbugs travel everywhere, no matter with whom!
As pest controllers, we are frequently asked the following questions by our customers:
Can you See Bedbugs?
Even if they are very small (usually between 4 and 5 mm), it is possible to see adult bugs with the naked eye. It is also true: If you can see bedbugs, you already have a major infestation problem.
Due to their flat physique, bedbugs can nest in the narrowest cracks and depressions. Wherever there is room for a small pinhead, a large bedbug can also find shelter. Actually quite impressive, isn’t it?
Where are Bedbugs Hiding?
These are the most common hiding places where we find bedbugs:
- bed boxes (stands, headboards, cracks, etc.);
- Mattress hems;
- skirting boards / -interspaces;
- wooden floor board interspaces;
- wallpaper hems;
- drawers and cupboards;
- bedside cabinets.
What Color are Bedbugs?
Bedbugs have a brownish color, but the more blood they suck from their human host, the darker and redder they become.
What is the Inspection Procedure?
In case of a potential bedbugs infestation, it is always necessary to check:
Where to look for signs of bedbugs?
What signs of bedbugs can be found there?
- Bed Bug Eggs – Very small, whitish oval shaped objects. Where? They can usually be found in small groups in cracks or gaps in furniture or fittings. Eggs are rarely found directly in your bed. They like to be hidden in the seams of your mattress.
- Bed Bug Droppings – Expresses itself as small black spots (smaller than 1 mm). Where? Bugs tend to excrete faeces immediately after each meal. This is found on the mattress and consists of dried blood.
- Skinning remains – During their life cycle, bedbugs must skin themselves five times. Where? There are often several layers of stripped skin behind the headboards of the bed boxes, along the skirting boards or in the seams of the mattress.
- Bloodstains – Tiny red spots. Where? These remnants of nocturnal bloodsucking can be found on the mattress and bed sheets. These are tiny stains.
- Sick-sweet smell – People often perceive an unpleasant smell in their home caused by heavy bedbugs.
If you find one or more of these signs with you, you should let your premises examine for a bedbugs infestation.
I Recognize Such Signs. What do I do Now?
Get professional help to identify the problem and eliminate it professionally.
Unfortunately, sitting out the problem is not an option:
- Bedbugs spread from room to room, whether in your own four walls or in hotels.
- They continue to be bitten by day and night bugs. For some people this is not a problem. However, those who are allergic to insect bites will continue to be plagued by itching or rashes.
- A female bedbug lays 200-500 eggs in less than 2 months. An egg develops to an adult bedbug in only 45 days under favorable conditions.