Microsoft Office Lens - PDF Scanner
Microsoft Office Lens is an app for photographing documents. It allows to quickly picture a necessary document, edit and convert it into different formats, enhancing the initial photo.
Design and navigation: Nothing Stands in Your Way
The Lens app is a nice combination of power and simplicity. It is very user friendly, yet rather functional: the features just do not stand in your way and appear only when needed. Even the first document scan will take only several seconds of your time, while the result will be impressive.
The design of the app corresponds to the office lineup and uses the same fonts and interface style as the PC Office programs, properly adjusted to the screen size of a mobile device. The app also gives you brief instructions when opened first, making it even more convenient on the first launch.
Features and Usability: Scanner with a Six Pack
Core features of the Microsoft Office Lens app include:
- Taking pictures of documents, whiteboards and visit cards;
- Enhancing the images taken automatically;
- Manual editing of scanned documents;
- Converting the scans to PDF, Word or PowerPoint formats;
- Sharing the files via e-mail, OneNote and OneDrive;
- The text is automatically recognized and can be edited;
- Business card feature allows to automatically recognize contact information and save it in the OneNote address book.
The app is incredibly smart, the text recognition feature works properly, the sharing features are comfortable to use, and almost every task connected with scanning documents and sharing them may be performed in several seconds. Moreover, the app is free to use and has no ads inside, making it one of the most powerful and preferable scanners available for mobile devices.
Security: Protected by Microsoft
The app has never been part of any security controversies, and it is developed and managed by Microsoft, the company millions of people trust. The documents may be saved locally on your device or at OneDrive, protected by Microsoft as well, making the app one of the safest options for pocket scanning.
Verdict: Why Choose Other
In case you need a pocket scanner, this should be the app you are looking for. Other apps from independent developers sometimes get into scam scandals and turn out to be malware, stealing your data. Microsoft’s tool seems to be one of the most powerful and secure apps available.
- Automatic enhancement of photos;
- Text recognition feature;
- Option to convert photos into different formats;
- Microsoft security level.
- There is yet no option to share multiple documents at once (only one by one);
- Some users report focus bugs with multi-camera smartphones.